Sunday, November 10, 2013

Reaching out to others at NSO







I am pretty lucky. On any given day I can take myself out to eat and try different types of restaurants all around Michigan. Unfortunately, that is not true for everyone. More than 20% of children in Michigan live in poverty. I can not imagine my own children going hungry. This is why every year I commit to giving food to organizations that feed the hungry. Last week I bought some groceries at a local market and brought it to the NSO center(Neighborhood Service Organization). The NSO feeds and gives shelter to people in the community. While there, I was lucky enough to meet Lewis Hickson, Operation Manager of NSO in Detroit on Third Street. He appreciates all donations they receive to help with their mission. I encourage anyone who can to donate to organizations that feed Michigan's hungry. No one should go without a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment