Saturday, November 16, 2013

Dinner in Greektown at Santorini


If you ever visit Detroit, I suggest you make a stop in Greektown. The main strip is located on East Lafayette Avenue. A small urban setting where you can see anything from street art to musicians playing on the corner, offers a variety of restaurants worth trying. Tonight I went to Santorini. Santorini offers a wonderful selection of Greek and American food. After being seated a person comes around to the table to fill water glasses and leaves the bottle for refills. Soon after, fresh bread and a dipping oil was placed on the table. It is tasty and hard for me to resist. The friendly waitress came to take our drink and appetizer order. I ordered the saganaki, otherwise known as flaming cheese. For dinner I ordered fried jumbo shrimp and my wife ordered the beef kabob. Both were cooked just right and tasted delicious.  Throughout the meal our table was checked on multiple times and we left satisfied. I enjoyed my experience here and will return in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment